Mango Chicken Stir-Fry
Eating healthy does not need to be boring! This Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry with Mango will wake up your taste buds, feed your muscles and satisfy your fiber needs, all in one delicious bowl! Meals like this, built around lean protein and veggies, are the way to eat in order to get your best fitness results possible. Enjoy! Servings: 4
Here’s what you need…
- 0.5 kg , boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped
- 2 carrots, cut in half and then into 2 inch segments
- 2 heads baby pak choy, chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (divided)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 ripe, organic mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Rinse the chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions, sauté for about 10 minutes, until soft. Add the broccoli, carrots and chicken and cook an additional 10 minutes. Add the pak choy and courgette. After 5 minutes add 1/4 cup of chicken broth, cover, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth, arrowroot, sesame oil, vinegar and dessiccated coconut. Add the seasoned mixture to the skillet, along with the chopped mango, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 365 calories, 16g fat, 16g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 28g protein.
Adjust the portion size according to your weight, metabolism and fitness goals.
comments powered by Disqus